Friday, January 30, 2009

Overdue update

Few last bits.


Incase you didn't hear it? it ran! Started first time! Atleast once I took the new starter apart and resoldered the joints, seemed to be ALOT of impedence? Crap slow turn over. But then the engine is "fresh".



I ran the engine, for about 3mins in 30sec bursts...Video is the 2nd run.

It's not jetted, mapped and running RAW with no exhaust, bar the manifold and a 12" pipe attached and no ECU, stuck 10BTDC timing on EDIS. Also I had no main jets in so it dies with throttle.

I have rejetted, balanced and fiddled with the carbs since and run it again.

I also added the ECU and mapped that, sounded MUCH better! Pretty sweet actually.

I'll upload another video soon.

Dropped my exhaust pipe (drain pipe) off to a local place so they can screw that up for me? I haven't paid them so I will assess the job done on collection, I asked him "have you a mandrel, can you replicate this exactly in 2.25" stainless"...He seemed confident. So if it's crap, I'll grab my drain pipe and walk.

I finished the gearbox tunnel and bolted that in, also the engine bay valances are done.

Basically it'll be on the road once I establish if the exhaust section is any good, get some V-bands and do a few more preflight runs, plus finish the silencer plus get another pipe made up.

Few small jobs left, but nothing taxing.

No my life is NOT suddenly complete. The road is long and hard and still many miles to walk.










No comments: