Saturday, November 19, 2005

Pistons Cock Up

So someone added standard sized or 20+ rings to my +60 piston set....pretty obvious as there's a 2.5mm ring gap on all the rings.....

Can't anyone get anything right? Everything I order from everywhere seems to come wrong thesedays...or simply just a pile of poo....Proper new old stock is the only way I think.

I may just use this excuse to investigate "total seal" rings.....be nice to reduce pressure weaps on the crankcase.

I was going to paint this engine lotus grey, quite like grey engines 8-) I was gonna acid prime the block first...as the lacquery thick paint never seems to stay on otherwise....and breaks off in chunks after a while....Might see if i can find a SAH rocker cover like Bowlers, nice item...Tall and wide.

I can't moan my pistons were £78 delivered with pins and rings, they were County, they are well made I think and even weight etc... about £50 cheaper than Canleys, Rimmers etc....

Nice to be able to get all parts at trade price, and of course next day, oddly no delays or backorders when you cut out the middle man!

No comments: