Sunday, May 14, 2006

Blow Job

After noticing a tiny pull on the oil filler cap when removing it with the motor running, I made further investigation with a special instrument, a piece of old sock - I found I have ZERO blow by in the engine and actually a mild vacuum!!!!....Hold the sock over the filler cap it goes concave and stretches which obviously means the crank case is under a negative pressure situation...very slightly...I have never seen this before...if you stick out hand on it, it does suck on your hand very slightly....

Also when holding the sock 2cm over the filler cap it vibrates like a drum at very high speed, the speed of the pair of pistons going up and down in each stroke and no gas really being ejected......the only air in the engine is what is naturally there and its being pumped by the pistons and moved about, I can pickup this cycle on my stock tool 8-) I might stick a strobe on it and take another look....

Can't be any other reason than near perfect seal on all chambers, and no leak out. As the compression test showed I had all 5 within 5psi or so, before bedding in....

Anyways I was very happy to see this cause leaks, oil seals and oil will be much better off like this....

No comments: