Friday, May 19, 2006

Oh and...

Failed mention thats cause its 3 wire it needs an ignition live feed to switch it on. So I can add a switch in the feed and turn it off, so gaining a tiny ammount of HP over a short period, absolutely useless I am sure, but worth a tenth over a 1/4mile?! A tenth is a tenth.

I'd like to measure the power required to run it under load, you could use a rotating mass software calc to work out the HP drain properly...

Also the L connect isnt any use as a lamp saying its charging etc, I can only assume its a warning light, overheating or regulator failure etc...I dont see how I can make a charging lamp with it....As the lamp only tells you the alternator is dead, the belt has fallen off and such- its actually pretty useless, so who cares! Your gonna drive it till the battery dies anyway, atleast it'll just die and you wont have to worry about the light being on, ignorance is bliss....although being as the EWP and fuel pump are vital to the engine, as both can melt it, potentially...


I may fit an amps gauge....but then the aldon unit cuts out at 10volts(ish), so thats a security device as the motor will stop anyways...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr building in some security!

No comments: