Thursday, September 11, 2008

Braking

I pondered my choice and here it is.
Caterham clearly got sick of people winge'in about a long pedal, so to my delight, the lastest calipers have 2x 38.1mm pistons, making them perfect !

I believe I made the right choice going with AP. All the parts are AP bar the Mintex pads.

Also there are between 20-30 different types of pad for these calipers, Pagid, Mintex, Hawk, Ferodo + others. Compared to the Wilwood Midilite which has about 5 grades! Bonus.

Big calipers. But no heavier than a wilwood with the bracket. (1800grams). No need for a plate or mount block, so less bolts, flex, pad knockback. The lugs are nearly 1inch thick, so typical AP, stiff !
Pads aren't cheap though. You can pay up to £180 a set! However you can get Mintex for much much less. These are roady pads M1142.
Disc's also AP and top quality, no holes or groove sillyness etc.

Wallet's a bit lighter but worth it.

Got some CV2 Redline Grease, I have all the bits to stick that together.

Basically it for expenses, just the exhaust pipe and fittings.


No comments: