Saturday, September 02, 2006

Opps lost me exhaust!


Went for a test run today, forgot to remove my auxillary silencer, its somewhere between Ledbury and Gloucester! Hadn't made the bracket it was just wedged in to keep the neighbours happy...

Anyway in Blue Peter stylee, here's another one I made earlier...

It consists of...

The remains of the centre holey tube from my micron. I then cut up a spray can and made it a VERY tight fit on the one end of the tube and open on the other..I then packed it using wire wool, very tightly packed...It friction fits into the end of the main exhaust can and is held in place with two screws...

Works very well! Car is much quieter and less boomy...Maybe leaving the sound behind more...Noticeably quieter in the garage...Hopefully it'll be ok! Can fit a DB killer inside if needed. Also it'll keep the rear valance clean.

I like it so much its gonna be a feature of the car now. Just waiting for the wirewool to flame out at some point when an ember hits it, I noticed when anglegrinding next to a roll of wool on the bench it caught fire but doesnt seem to effect its structure...Maybe its coated with something, burn it, keep repacking it!

I left the holey end poking out thinking it might disperse the noise a bit...

Cost £4.25 for wire wool.

Car running well, head re-torqued, tappets set, carbs balanced, idle mixtures reset, ready to go!

No comments: