Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Water system, carbs, bloody hot!

Added an expansion tank today. Oddly its never ever released any water from the system through the header tank...so I never bothered with one ...

The expansion tank sits next to the washer bottle in the side of the passenger footwell...Basically if any water ends up in this tank I have issues and its a warning to me, I can see it easily. Security...

The hoses are usually under supreme pressure when it gets hot in traffic or you park it and grab a hose after a good gunning...I run a 15psi cap on my header but I not 100% sure if the cap is suited to the header tank cap boss, as with a 13psi cap the same thing happens....I wonder if I am getting massive pressure as its not releasing ever...

The only thing I can do to test it is to drill a hole in a sump plug, bond in a pipe then place this sump bolt into the top of the head at the back, where the heater outlet goes...I run a sump plug in this anyway....I can then whip the oil pressure line off the back of the gauge and run some pipe from the modified sump plug to the gauge and test what the pressure is doing....I will do that soon...If its simply getting to just below 15psi I am ok, if its over 20psi and not releasing I will need to find a different cap and do more experiments...

There is no problem but I just got to know!

Car was running very nicely in the heat today, no worries, constant 74-76c on the road when it was 35C this afternoon - never over 79-80C in traffic with the fan on...Very nice! No real downsides to the heat, my current jetting is well trailored to all atmospherics and VERY economical with clean and responsive mid rang, pickup and good power, not 100% perfect but very nice.

50idle-7850.1 holder, 125 main - 7 tube - 160 corrector, 35pumps, 33mm chokes....BPR7ES plugs on 1.2mm gaps.

I found max advance on the low end running on the megajolt unit a few days ago, had to turn back home and remap..knocked it off 2 deg and all was well...went poo-ey.

No comments: