Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Onward!

Some forward motion, but it involved some expense.

Added two new flanges to my Prop. I used a proper GKN hardy spicer joint on the dodgy one. Sadly the prop really needs a new rear cup holder on the main body and the cups weren't as tight as I'd have liked, but after a bit of treatement they were better - i'll see how it fairs over running in and if the cups start moving again i'll get the prop done properly before trashing as I'd rather not have one shread the bottom of the car to bits....The new flanges really pinch the cups hard, they arent moving so they will be good for few joint swaps yet...I usually hate UJ's but these were a doddle...

I got a nice Denso 40amp mini alternator for £56 on ebay, brand new. Same as one in the kit sold by Canley. I wanted a new one as reliability is my aim and Denso is great kit. So I was waiting for one of those. The A127 is good but its HP cainer at 70amps- heavy, big.

Missed out on 44litres of the old style Castrol RS 10-60w oil yesterday...was gonna sell some on and have free oil for a year or so. Oh well. Might try some synthetic this time, as hopefully it wont piss it all out or burn it...I'll see. Fair bit was stuck to the rear valance before 8-) Which reminds me I must make a wind deflector spoiler...

Jobs left - Fit alternator and make some mount system, find belt. Fit clutch pedal and master cylinder, slave, fit new clutch line, braided. Fit gearbox tunnel. Get valance back from painting and then make a new base plate and bolt it on...its changed a bit. Paint windscreen frame, sadly this involves paint and prep, I cant stand prep, anything more than blasting then on the with etch, then gloss is murder...

Not alot.

No comments: